- About other areas of our site
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use information about you and for what legal reasons?
- To whom do we disclose your information?
- Protecting your personal information
- How long do we store your information?
- Your rights
- The right to complain
- Changes to this privacy statement
This privacy statement specifies how we collect, process, store and protect personal information when:
a. you use our site (as defined below)
b. offering or providing our various services to investors or our customers
c. performing any other activities that are part of our business, including our marketing and communication activities.
When we refer to “our site” or “this site” in this privacy statement, we mean a specific barexcapital.com web page
If you use our website, this privacy statement applies to DGS as a controller of your personal information. If, however, you are considering this privacy statement as part of a contract, offer the newsletter or other messages in general from us, this privacy statement applies to Barex Capital SCA Luxembourg, with whom you have a relationship.
Barex Capital SCA Luxembourg provides various services and performs many activities that are part of our business. You can find the information on our website.
We strive to protect your privacy and process your information in an open and transparent way.
This privacy statement also contains information about the personal data we use and how you can use your privacy rights.
“Personal data” or “personal information” means any information directly or indirectly related to a living person.
Sometimes we can refer to the processing, collection, protection, and storage of your personal information as “processing” of such personal information.
About other areas of our site
Please note that other country and regional websites may be linked to our site, the content of which is provided by other organizations on the network, not by us. Such websites, as well as other websites that may be linked to our website, are not subject to this privacy statement. We encourage visitors to review privacy statements on each of these national or regional websites before disclosing any personal information on their designated pages.
What personal information do we collect?
We can collect or receive personal data directly, because you give them to us (for example, by filling out a form on our website or visiting one of our events) or indirectly, because other people provide this information to us (for example, your employer or advisor or our client to provide agreed services or third-party service providers that we use to support our business) or because they are publicly available. In the case of indirect collection, we can not be the primary controller of your personal data.
The categories of personal data that we can collect or receive depend on the services we provide to investors or our customers, or how you use our website. While limited personal data is collected through our website (mainly contact information and technical data), different categories of personal data can be collected strictly in relation to the services we provide or the specific relationships that we can have with you. Sometimes they can include:
Your contact information, such as your name; age; Date of Birth; Floor; E-mail address; home or professional address; Country of Residence; national identifier;
Technical data, such as your IP address; type and language of your browser; access logs (including access times, use of websites and their monitoring) or data regarding the messages we send you regarding our events and services; detailed information about how you interact with us; used devices; location data and other similar information;
Identification and reference information provided by you or received from or on behalf of our customers, public data or public records as part of our business acceptance processes and our ongoing risk management processes, and this information may include special categories of personal data;
Data relating to us and investors or our customers, including in particular information provided to us on behalf of our customers or generated by us to provide services to them or for a qualitative analysis of these services, and this information may include special categories of personal data.
If we are provided with personal data about you by our specialists, we take measures to ensure that our experts are aware of and comply with their obligations in accordance with the laws and privacy rules relating to this information. These steps may include, for example, that you receive information from our specialists about the processing of your personal data, as described in this privacy statement.
How do we use information about you and for what legal reasons?
Use of personal information to provide financial services.
We will use your personal data to provide financial services to the investor. As part of this, we may use your personal data prior to or in the performance of the obligation (including any participation as an auditor) for:
- Provision of agreed services, as described in the agreement between our client and Barex Capital SCA Luxembourg, including:
– Financial advisory
– Audit and provision
– Risk Consulting
– Corporate Services
- Tax Services Providing agreed to to support, as described in the agreement between our service providers and Barex Capital SCA Luxembourg
For example, we can use personal data:
- about the client’s employees to help these employees manage their tax affairs while working abroad
- about clients during the audit (or similar activities)
- about the client to help him/her get a tax return
- to assist the client with respect to services (such as staff support, restructuring, regulatory reporting, policy development, …).
Use of personal information for other activities that are part of our business
We may also use your personal data for purposes or in connection with:
- our obligation to handle inquiries and communications from the competent authorities as necessary;
- our legitimate interest in protecting our offices, IT infrastructure (including access to monitoring and their use);
- our responsibility is to have a business continuity plan;
- customer relationship management, including initial client account opening, risk assessment and customer acceptance process, financial accounting, billing and risk analysis, permanent relationship management, which can include: continuous risk assessment, direction of thought management or information about our products and services that , in our opinion, may interest you; contact you for feedback on services; contact you for other market or research purposes, our recruitment needs (legitimate business interests);
- the development of our business (for example, feedback from a client employee can be used as part of our recruitment and business development materials with the permission of this employee)
- services we receive from our professional consultants, such as lawyers, accountants and consultants or other service providers (eg, archiving, security services, IT or print), or to fulfill our contractual obligations to investors or our customers, or for legitimate business interests (support or development of our business activities)
- protecting our rights and the rights of our clients or even your rights, mainly in case of complaints and (potential) litigation.
Use of personal information collected through our website
In addition to the goals related to the operation of our business, taking into account our legitimate interests (for ensuring, promoting and developing our business activities), we can also use your personal data collected through our website:
- manage and improve our Website, including monitoring its use;
- adapt the content of our website to provide you with a more personalized experience and draw your attention to information about our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- promote our services, including sending updates to the market or regulations, publications and event details;
- manage and respond to any request that you send through our website.
If you do not want to continue to receive any marketing materials from us, you can click on the cancel subscription feature in the message or email.
Whom do we disclose your information to?
In connection with one or more of the objectives set out in the section “How do we use information about you and for what legal reasons?” Above, we can disclose information about you.
We may also need to disclose your personal information if required by law, regulator or in court.
We can transfer non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information to third parties for several purposes, including data analytics, research, presentations, thinking direction and advertising goals.
Protecting your personal information
We use a number of physical, electronic and management measures to ensure that your personal data will be safe, accurate and up-to-date. These measures include:
- training and training to the appropriate staff so that they are aware of our obligations to ensure confidentiality when handling personal data
- administrative and technical control to restrict access to personal data based on the “need to know”
- technological security measures, including firewalls, encryption, and antivirus software
- physical security measures, such as the safety of personnel, to access our premises.
Although we use appropriate security measures after receiving your personal data, transferring data via the Internet (including by email) will never be completely secure. We try to protect personal information, but we can not guarantee the security of the data transmitted to us or by us.
How long do we store your information?
We will store your personal data in our systems for the longest of the following periods: as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity or services; any period of storage required by law; end of the period in which there may be legal proceedings or investigations into services.
You have different rights regarding your personal data. In particular, you have the right:
- receive confirmation that we process your personal data and request a copy of the personal information we have about you;
- ask to update personal information about you or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask us to remove the personal information we have about you, or to restrict the use of such personal data in certain circumstances provided by law, and especially if you no longer need to process your personal data or if we no longer have a valid legal basis for their processing;
- receive a copy of the personal information about you that you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transfer such personal data to the other party (to the extent that the processing is based on consent or agreement and we act as a data controller);
- the object of our processing of your personal data when processing for marketing or profiling purposes or based on legal grounds.
Please note that if the provision of personal data by you or a specialist of Barex Capital SCA Luxembourg is a statutory or contractual obligation, failure to provide personal data may make it impossible for Barex Capital SCA Luxemourg to provide these services and conduct our commercial activities, thus, it may lead to the termination of our relations.
To exercise any of your rights or if you have any other questions about your use of your personal data, please contact our staff member.
You can also use this contact information if you want to file a complaint with us regarding your privacy.
Right to complain
If you are unhappy with the way we processed your personal information or any secret request or request that you raised with us, you have the right to file a complaint with the European Data Protection Authority (DPA) in your jurisdiction. For Luxembourg, you can contact the National Commission for Data Protection (CNPD), otherwise, if you want to be sent to the appropriate DPA, contact us.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time.